New Principals

I need to renew my Practicing Certificate, how do I apply for an exemption/reimbursement?

Through the Education Council website you can fill in their application form to apply for an exemption/reimbursement of your Practicing Certificate.  

Those eligible are those who have signed either an 'Area School Principals' Agreement' or the 'Secondary Principals Collective Agreement'.

Please find the form here or call Education Council direct for further information: 04 471 0852

What support does SPANZ offer me as a new Principal?

As a new Principal and SPANZ member we invite you to contact us any time with any queries you may have. 

Secondly we have a new/refresher Principal session on the first day of our Annual Conference (the Sunday), this is designed to give you a brief overview of what you can expect as a Principal as well as where to go for further information.

The Conference is also a great opportunity for you to meet fellow Principals' and learn from their experiences.

If my predecessor has a standing membership, does it transfer to me?

Each membership is separate and must be applied for by each individual.

When a Principal leaves he/she takes their membership with them - this includes the school legal portion.

However in the situations where your predecessor has retired or is resigning from the profession you are welcome to apply, at their agreement for a membership transfer.